This morning I woke up to the news that Sydney, A large capital city was covered in a blood red dust storm.
Sydney is a 10 hour drive from where I live.About an hour ago,just before lunch it has hit us.
Visibility is down to less then 50 meters in some places.I stood out the front of my house for 2 minutes and took these pictures.
It's a weird site,everything is covered in red/brown dust....even the sky is red.
You can feel it under your feet and taste it. I am wondering how we are going to clean up outside chairs/Toys Etc as we are on water restrictions.
The whole street has a pink hue, We have never had anything like this ever....
This is the back of my car.....gosh the car wash will make a roaring trade when it's over....
12 comments:
Sounds awful, but at least no one is hurt. Kinda weird.
The nearest to this that I have seen in England is when we have had sand from the Sahara Desert in Africa that has been sucked up into the atmosphere and then dumped on us with rain. Everything has a fine dusting of sand. Very strange.
How will this affect cars and things - might it get inside an mess things up?
Oh wow...that is crazy! Kinda neat to have pictures of it and say you've seen it personally but the whole water restriction thing kinda puts a damper on the "fun".
That looks surreal, Danielle! I hope it goes away soon!
You guys made international news with that dust storm. Scary stuff.
wow...back in the 80's when mt st helens blew up we got volcanic dust four states away in colorado...but it didn't look like that!
did it get in the house...was it hard to clean?
wow. i've never even heard of anything like this. so hope you and yours are all well. xxoo
Gives new meaning to "crazy weather we're having"!
Hey SIS. Just checking in to see if you are all ok...
ahem - SIS - come blog with us! I know facebook is enticing... but we need a more meaty update! (I can say this because I just did mine.)
ahem - SIS - come blog with us! I know facebook is enticing... but we need a more meaty update! (I can say this because I just did mine.)
I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and we got the dust storm as well. It was crazy!
Post a Comment