So yesterday's appointment for DH has left me well...like my blog says." Sitting in Silence".
DH and his Dr have a great understanding.
I cant help thinking they get along really well because his Dr really is the kind of Bloke DH likes to hang with...... well on a golf course anyway.....in a kind of dorky way.
He always yells out to DH as soon as that door to his office opens.
"Hi Ya ....he yells out"- both on a first name basis now . Mate and buddy flying all over the place.
Then onto the serious side.
No improvement.
Just like that- simple.
So he waits for DH to respond.
DH-"Well the Chemo meds are crap then mate."
Dr- "Well I guess there has never been any medical evidence to say they would work anyway mate."
DH-" That's right mate. Least it's no worse "
DR- " So what's your plan Buddy?"
Now at this point I want to reach across the table and grab his bad ass looking tie and say listen here...
But I don't, I sit in silence waiting to hear what DH has come up with.
DH" Well lets stop the medication ".
Just like that simple.
DR " Well OK then"
Not even blinking a bloody eye.
Me " OK then what..."
DR" Well buddy, it's like this. If we really want to know if the meds are holding you then you can expect a chronic return in the next few weeks".
Me" Hello yes over here."
DR-"That will put you back at square one, starting you back on all medications".
DH" Well mate, it's worth a shot, maybe I will be alright".
Me" But your not alright, and now you want to wait around like a sitting duck?"
DR" It's not good long term at this age requiring all this medication, I am sure you would like more children.
( Looking over to me)
DR" You would like more children wouldn't you?.
Me" No" spat out in record time.
DH" Well that was quick of you to decide, just like that"
ME" What the "( checking the sign on the door ) just to make sure we were in the right place and not the fertility clinic.
I mean for shits sake. DH has a chronic illness that no bloody DR can tell us a heap about and suddenly we are all having a conversation about looking to the future with more babies.
Nearly as bad as last appointment when the Dr leaned over and asked DH just as matter of fact" How's your libido these days?, the medication would be playing havic on it, would you say your sex drive has gone?.
Now if I wasnt so red face I might have tried to say something here as well, but I sat and listened to what DH had to say and just tried to not to laugh...
For the record DH did- laugh that is.
The general concern on the DR face was , well ok worth the $120 a visit shall we say.
Why am I not feeling like the person with rocks in my head here?.
So the plan is to sit like a duck and wait. It's what DH wants and what I need to support.
I'm just not there yet.
I always thought you got better and then stopped medication. Not stopped it because you were not getting better.
I see that DH feels in control. I guess it's the first time since April 2006 he has felt this way.
Wish us luck, My gut feeling say's" We will be needing it " and just for the record his libido is fine thanks.
Right Now- June Recap
4 weeks ago

1 comment:
Wow. There is almost no comment to be made here. Have you checked other docs to see if there is a different tactic that can be tried? I am sure they don't all agree and someone may have a better idea~ (?)
Post a Comment