Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Time For Another Cup of..."SHUT THE F.....UP !"

Don't you just love the people in this world that crap on about how easy it was for them to fall pregnant.
How they just had to look at their partners or better still sit and ponder how it even happened in the first place.

How they just blurt it all out matter of fact not caring who hears or who is hurting.

Kind of like those real bad reminder pregnancy vitamins for sale,"Here signs", right in the middle of an IVF clinic.

Or worse still, those appoinments you have at an OBGYN office on pre-natal day and you are the only one not pregnant !.

Don't you just love the look on their face as they wait for a reaction from me?.
Am I supposed to just sit there and go.." oh you are both so clever ?" Or , "how wonderful, first pop "?.

I mean ...spare me....I am not the person who wants to hear.

Care factor rating...HUGE ZERO.

3 years of roller coaster fertility treatment and yes...his here, but the truth is...

There are some people out there on that ole dusty infertility road that WILL NEVER EVER hold a newborn in their arching arms.
Time after time, they pull them selves up, dust off and start trudging up hill again.


I take my hat off to all my friends that I met years ago while living it with you. I am reminded of each and everyone of you every time I look at my son- he is such a strong reminder of how delicate life really is.

So to each of you still waiting, I stand and applaud your strength, never give in, feel the fear and do it anyway.

Bugsy, Just want you to know, I am so excited about little"bugs"...Keep safe little one I cant wait to hold you.

And to up the duff at the drop of rain...

Time for another cup........... And make it a big one....You need it !





1 comment:

Bugsy said...

It is strange isn't it that once you have been down that infertility track you never really stray far from the path, no matter which road you end up taking.

I still feel the need whenever someone says "when are you due?" to my growing belly - to not just say "end of august" but to add "but it was a long journey and took us nearly 5 years, 3 miscarriages and ivf to get there" like I have to justify to the world that this wasn't just a "lets have a baby - whoops there it is" type of pregnancy.

I wish I could just say "end of august" and "yes we are very excited" and leave it at that. But I just can't.

p.s. I need more little man pics! hehe I am sure he has grown heaps.