Friday, May 25, 2007

One Dark Day In The Middle Of The Night !


Here I am with my "Bestie", Our meeting was one that we laugh and talk about often. In fact it's a hobby that we like to bore people with it when ever we get the chance.

Here's how it went.

I worked evenings and Bestie worked Nights. We both at the time worked with totally different people.

My opinion of bestie was that she was a bit of a well, slow on the uptake nerd burger really .

She thought I was a wild out of control snob that needed to learn self control.

Of course these opinions had nothing to do with the fact that after 2 years we had never spoken a word outside of...

"Yes she has been turned"

"He is on a fluid chart"

"And the dressing needs to be changed"

So imagine my surprise one day when it's suggested that the 2 of us working gals get together with our working partners to have coffee !.

Imagine bestie's surprise when the only gal that turns up is me...face to face, nerdy burger and out of control.

So there we were......coffee and vodka in hand !

The rest is history really, we sat there and talked for hours, we had so much in common.

Nerdy burger was really hip chick, and well out of control still is really- ( but that's another story).

So years later down the track bestie and I have been through a lot of life together.

Ups and Downs and Downs and Ups, but you can guarantee when the shit hits the fan, the first port of call we make is to each other.

It's just how it is, a rule for better word.

At the moment bestie is going through some crap, but time and time again she gets up and starts up that rocky hill.

I admire that, it shows her strength and determination.

One step at a time bestie, just like ya ole day's in the navy.

Left, Right, Left, Right !...

1 comment:

Mony said...

Opposites attract, huh? You two look like "sisters". God, I love my girlfriends. What would we do without them?

...love the chalk story. I have heard similar ones about pregnant ladies eating cigarette butts & plastic coated electrical wire? Shit! My Crackers & Coke are completely forgiveable!