Here's a little story I thought you might find interesting.
About 7 years ago we brought the house we are living in now.
It's our first home, our pride and joy.
10 Months before we brought our house, we were out having dinner at a family Tavern.
My daughter was playing with a little girl about the same age.
Later that night the Mum of the little girl came over to my table and said,
"I have been watching our girls play together and it reminds me of a friend I had, my daughter does not have many friends and I was wondering if I could give you my home number and address for you to consider a play day?".
Well me being the person I am, totally anal and way over the top when it comes to my kid's, thanked the woman and shoved the piece of paper she had given me in my wallet.
Honestly, she seemed nice enough but truthfully it kind of freaked me out.
About 6 months after this meeting I was driving around the area and saw a garage sale sign.
Never one to miss a bargain I pulled on in.
Imagine my surprise when out came the Mum, greeting us like old friends and introducing us all to her Mother.
She said it was a shame we didn't come early as Hope her daughter had just gone dancing and she would be upset she missed us.
We ended up escaping with a fairy plate for $2.
Months passed and during this time we were searching for a home to buy. I had been looking for 18 months and finally found one that looked great in the local Real Estate guide.
I rang the number, only to be told the house had just sold.
I remember ripping out the page and throwing in on the car floor.
No sooner had the paper hit the car of the floor when my mobile rang. It was another Real Estate agent, one I had bored many a times in the past.
"I have found your house he said, I promise you this one IS IT !!!.
I ask him the address and told him I will met him in 15 minutes.
I will never ever forget the feeling I had when I pulled my car into the curve.
The house looked so familiar, I reached down and picked up the torn paper from the car floor.
It was the same house.
I remembered the fairy plate.
It was the same house.
I pulled out the address the Real Estate agent gave me and opened my wallet to find the address the girl's mother had given me 10 months prior.
It was the same address !!..
We ended up buying the house.
How canny is that ?...even the fairy plate found it's way back home in the end.
The man hole has her daughter name written in it and although we have re-painted, I have also added my children's names and never painted over them....
My daugher has also grown out of fairies so I have placed the plate up there as well.
I wonder what the new owners will think if we ever sell this house !!
Maybe I should leave them this blog note ?....
Right Now- June Recap
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment