Friday, September 19, 2008

The Welcome Box

Yesterday there was a surprize knock at the door followed by a voice that yelled out...

International Parcel?....

Well you could have knocked me down with a feather...there at my door were 2 parcels from my beloved favourite neighbourhood in Denver....

A welcome box they called it...what a beautiful random act of kindness from them all...

The box is very... very special.... not only is it from my favourite place in the world (USA), it was made with so much thought and care....All the Parkveiw Mum's choose something special to go into the box...

So thank you girls for not only making my whole week but for keeping such a random act of kindness alive..

I love everything and it's all so special I dont know where to start...

Stumpy adores the Barney Video and his Eagle has already seen it's way around town...
My coffee cup is going to work tonight...to take pride of place in the staff room...I am sure the size of it alone will bring many a good conversation...

The shooter glass has already hooked up with a bottle of Whiskey...LMAO

The Craker Jack...Oh the Cracker Jack...I have not had this for 13 years....now I have 3 boxes ! Yayyyyyy..not to mention the kilo of gourmet Jellie beans...(I never knew they came in Mocca , let alone banana spilt!)..

The twinkies are DS Favourite...and I even let him squeeze out one of the box for his school lunch...that Twinkie alone made a great show and tell morning LMAO....

Flossy claimed one of the beautifil Bee's wax lip balms and DH was counting his chocolate peanuts...although I told him to put them back so we could savour them LMAO...

The calender has pride of place right on top of my Fireman one...(now there lays another story)..He He He..

You guys are the best !...and I so appreciate it .....

Please check out this great group of woman...your life will never be the same ! xoxox

Ride along with the Chang gang..
Doubting Thomas...
It's a Dodi's Life...
KC and the sunshine girls...
Zimmerhouse....

All links to the left...


 


Stumpy and his Eagle which he has named Edge ?...


 


Dax just about falling out of his skin with the Twinkies...
 


The famous Dax lunch box with his show and tell....

 


What cereal do we choose ?
Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

Ali said...

Awww, they made you the sweetest care package EVER. What an awesome bunch of chickies :)

tz said...

love this neighborhood! it would be that much better if you moved here with us..we always need good nurses!

glad it all arrived in one piece!

ganelle said...

They are pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You know, you will be welcomed with open arms in lots of areas of the US if you come over. DD is counting on you arriving in Chicago at some point!

Martha said...

Glad you got it....as I shipped it using the address you'd sent on Ms. Dodi's, I thought OH NO, what if she used a phoney address as her return address.
(I worry too much I know...)
Glad that YOU got the box and not some stranger at a made up address!

Sitting In Silence said...

Ali...They sure are...I am the luckiest blogger ever....

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ...I am so sorry I left your name off...I was so excited...LOL...I have since got back and hit the edit button..

You have a wonderful neighbourhood....I am so glad I have got to experience a part of it...

Thank you...xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Ganelle....They really are an amazing bunch of woman....xox

Sitting In Silence said...

Sandra...Yes...Chicargo is on our list as well...They have that huge Sarcoid clinic over there and I heard that they are running another open day next year...It's a worlds first and I would give anything to take DH there...oh and while I'm there see the O show LMAO...

Sitting In Silence said...

Martha....LMAO...No That's my real address...no chance of a phony addie in OZ...they cross check with your licence...when we send to the USA...

Thank you so so much...xoxox

Dodi said...

Can you tell how important SUGAR is to the USA??

Glad you had fun!

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi...LMAO..

And I reckon coffee may be as well considering the size of the coffee cup LMAO..

kenady said...

That is soooo nice! How do I become one of these special neighbors?

Dodi said...

Coffee practically has it's own place on the food pyramid here! Think (Tea x 2)

Sid said...

That's so sweet of them. Lucky you.

Aimee said...

Don't you know that everything is bigger here, not just the coffee cups. Glad you all enjoyed your box. I think we all had a great time looking for stuff for you. You are loved here!!

Ken said...

Cool, but do you have enough to share with all your blogger guests?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gesture. You are blessed with some very good friends indeed.

Teresa said...

Awe that is fantastic!! What a bunch of sweethearts!! Where is this neighborhood and how do I move there?? :)

Martha said...

Ah, and we wonder why America struggles with obesity? Sugar, mega sized coffee mugs. We're such a healthy nation (NOT!)...but we're happy!

Sitting In Silence said...

Kenady....We have to move there...and become a Parkview wife...

The houses are great, they get snow and they even have a pool where all the street hangs out...

....xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi....Tea x 2 is great....the cup is brillant...now I dont have to get back up to make another cup LMAO...xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Sid....I am pretty lucky arnt I ?
xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Aimee...Thanks so much....what a beautiful thing to say xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

DF....Well I can share the Jelly Beans...but the Craker Jack is mine LMAO...

Sitting In Silence said...

New Diva...Thanks for your comment...I sure am ..

Sitting In Silence said...

Martha....OZ is the same...I think we have caught up with the USA...thing is they make everything thats bad for you taste so good....LMAO...

Colleen O said...

Oh, that's so great to see the twinkie in the lunch box half way around the world!!

Thanks for commemorating the event in photos, and thanks for giving us another reason to get together!

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O...I took heaps of photos but I could not post a whole heap as they had the logo of the school on their uniform etc....It was one of the biggest surprises of my life...
Thanks again xoxox