We spent Sunday at a local Wild Life park, it was just beautiful, walking around patting the kangaroos.
Dax won a colouring in competition that entitled us to a behind the scene tour.
The guide even came out with a Koala wrapped around her holding it like a baby.
We pet snakes, fed a dingo and saw the Crocs.
I am convinced Stumpy is going to grow up and become someone who works with animals.
He was mesmerised by them and wanted to sit and talk with them for hours....only downfall was the train driver (small steam train), that gets you around the park.....thing is Mr Train driver...It's never a good idea to hit an EMU infront of kids....better toot that train horn somemore....the poor bird really needs a bit more warning !!!

6 comments:
OUCH! I hope he was at least TRYING to avoid him!
I have thought many times that in my next life I want to work at a zoo, being right in with the animals. For some reason that chip of fear that my brain is supposed to have, is missing when it comes to animals. (Except snakes...I will mow down ANYONE in my path to get away from snakes!)
You were witness to an Emu being hit by a train? Ahhh, you do live in the land of exotic animals.
And bugs. I hear you have really big bugs in Australia - and lots of spiders? Shudder!!
dodi - it is the drop bears you have to worry about here in Australia - those damn drop bears dropping out of trees lol.
Your kids are great with animals? Well that isn't a shock - they have great hearts like their mum and dad - and a great heart loves animals too.
Poor Emu! Isn't their some rule against doing that? especially inside the wildlife park????
Oh wow! That sounds amazing!
About the only animal I've ever petted is a deer...not too thrilling.
But that poor Emu! And those poor traumatized children!
I would have burst into tears for sure.
I wanted to work in a zoo when I was growing up, but never made it that far. I still love animals and have a fondness for Kangaroos. I would love to be able to see them.
oh my gosh about the emu, you'd think the train drivers would be used to animals crossing the tracks at random moments!
how great that you got a background tour! that experience is priceless!
Post a Comment