Sunday, June 22, 2008

You Know You Are A Nurse When.....

I have just finished another 2 weeks clinical rotation....

To be honest...I had an absolute blast,the staff were a screaming hoot and I was so lucky to work with such a dedicated team of individuals.

I learnt so much, but for now...I shall share with you a few of the fine pointers....the pointers that made a light go an and say....

You know you are a nurse when ....

1. You have a patient look you square in the eye and say...I have no idea how that got stuck in there !.

2. You agree that caffeine should be available in IV Form.

3. The patient lounge should be equipped with a Valium fountain.

4. Your idea of a good time is a code blue at shift change.

5. Your idea of fine dinning is anywhere you can sit down to eat !.......

Back soon...PROMISE XOXOXO

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your happy and that you have settled in well.. {HUGS}

lol @ your list of reasons when you know your a nurse..

Good observation...
Take care and don't work too hard..
Luv Lesley

Rock Chef said...

Great to see you back!

Your list was great - I especially like the idea of the vallium fountain. Sitting in Casualty would be so much more fun!

kenady said...

LOVE IT!! Especially that caffiene should come in IV form:)

So glad you had a great time with your clinical rotation!

Have fun! And don't work too hard:) xoxo, Kenady

Ken said...

What, no doctor jokes? I'm sure you nurses must have many to share.

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi Les...I promise I wont work too hard !

Sitting In Silence said...

CRC...way more fun LOL...

Sitting In Silence said...

Kenady...seeing you around reminds me to change your blog name now that you have moved over....

Thanks for your well wishes...

xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

DF...I'd find myself scrubbing the pan room out of I made a DR joke....

Wait !

I already do that.....LMAO

Did ya hear about the Dr who....................

Sitting In Silence said...

Scott...how many months until you finish?

xoxox

tz said...

hahaha, how about your friends won't let you talk about work anymore...

Anonymous said...

Good to hear :-) You don't want to have to see the Dr due to being too run down ;-)

Sitting In Silence said...

LOL...TZ...or they dont see the humour in something that you found drop dead funny !....

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Les...your right....I sure dont want to be seeing a DR....I dont know about you, but mine has a 3 hour wait list ! drives me nuts ! ...

Teresa said...

"I have no idea how that got stuck there"...LOL!!!

I can only imagine! LOL!!

Thank you for being a nurse...I could never do a job that dealt with blood or needles...so people like me are very grateful for people like you!

Dodi said...

SIS!! I've missed you!!! I love the valium idea - you should trademark that one!

And, as far as TZ's comment about how your friends won't let you talk about work anymore? We were OK until she took microbiology... and now we're all afraid of pedicures and everything else that makes life liveable! (Sending you a germy hug!!!)

kenady said...

Missing you!