Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Never smile at a crocodile....

 


So I saw Rogue last night on DVD...

Anyone seen it ?

Whoa...what a ride....it is set in the beautiful outback here in Australia, and is about a boat load of international tourist's that board a sightseeing tour on a boat....

The sight seeing tour ends when a coocodile the size of an elephant decideds to pay them all a visit...

I'll leave the rest to your imagination.....



Tip of the week......


When visiting Oz...it is best to stick to the tourist parks and view the croc's behind glass....I sure as heck will never be visiting the outback...they grown em big out there guy's.....real big !
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Rock Chef said...

I love movies like this - did it have all of the cliche characters in it? The young couple who are always making out, the old couple who have just retired, the selfish guy who gets eaten while thinking he has saved his own skin...

kenady said...

That reminds me of "Lake Placid", which, ironically, I watched last night. It's about a giant crocodile that somehow swims up river to Maine. Ok, first of all, a croc? in Maine? Whatever! My husband loves crap like that, so I was stuck.

Hubby and I took the kids to an alligator farm in St. Augustine, FL. It was awesome! There were crocs and alligators and then various cousins, etc. We watched a live feeding, of course from behind the glass:)

Anonymous said...

Firstly.... Thank you for being such a sweet person... I'm blessed to have you as an internet friend..

Secondly... I hav'nt seen that movie yet... I love movies that are made here.. We don't get enough of them, sadly.... and I have not seen it yet, though have read about it....
Hugs'N'Luv,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

P.s.... Your title.. was a song we learnt in primary school...

It went like this..
Never smile at a crocodile, never dip your lid ( aussie slang for greet) and stop to talk a while... Never run.. Walk away.. Say Good Bye not Good Day...

Sitting In Silence said...

Rock Chef...

It was a great movie and you are spot on with the cliche characters...only thing is the selfish guy lived to tell the tale...LOL...gotta remember that if I am ever stuck in a croc lake LMAO...

Sitting In Silence said...

Kenady...
yes...your right it is like lake placid...how funny..

Glad you stayed behind the glass at the croc park...LMAO...

Sitting In Silence said...

Les...

Have been thinking about you heaps...hope your week is a little better...

xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Les...

Yeah...it's that song Ha Ha Ha...so glad you remember it !

tz said...

yeah...not going near those guys!
hey i thought of you today...i was down town and saw a guy w/ a back pack...but this guy had his pants way down, almost to his knees and was wearing a tele tubbies back pack...like the exact opposite of your back pack guy...I just giggled thinking of the two of them together...

Rock Chef said...

The selfish guy SURVIVED? An outrage! What sort of message does that send out? :-)

Will keep an eye out for this one!

Sitting In Silence said...

Rock Chef...

LOL...be sure you do...like Kenady said sure sounds a lot like lake placid...let me know what you think if you get a chance to watch it !

Have a great weekend x

Ali said...

Yeah, um, maybe I forgot to run this by you (silly me) but I was kind of thinking that if I ever actually make it to Australia that I would totally take advantage of you, and have YOU show me all the wonderful touristy things to see :)
And maybe some of the less known treasures...um, yeah...hope that's okay...but don't worry, you'll have lots of time to plan - I won't be able to afford a trip like that till I'm about 57 :)

Dodi said...

Wait, you have spiders the size of dinner plates, more poisonous snakes and insects than anywhere else in the world, hell even your ants are the most vicious ever found - - and you're afraid of an elephant sized croc? Like you couldn't see him coming??

Anonymous said...

lmao... You learned that song too?
Ahhh, we are definatly Sisters in song.... lol....
Hugs....
Lesley

Colleen O said...

Consider your advice Taken! Hey SIS, what's the status on your last post? Any big decisions?

Sitting In Silence said...

LMAO @ Ali...

Well by that time..it will be tours of tea and cake houses LMAO...

Great to see you around !xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O...I have taken the position...will try and sort out the family when I see the roster.

They have told all of us that the first month will be the hardest then we can swap around shifts...or at least try and make things work better for us...

I start on the 11th of August..

Ken said...

There's also the zoo. And it isn't even very big at our zoo.