Friday, May 30, 2008

I Guess ?

I have just been offered an incredible position in and incredible hospital...

Some may even call it...a life time opportunity...

Truth is....it really is...

But with the opportunity comes a life change....

A huge life change and much less time for me to be with the children..

I will have to juggle their lives around and sort out alternate care for before school (some days) and vacation care (Most times)....

It is going to be a huge juggling act...

I guess if it is meant to be it will fall into place...


Wont it?

29 comments:

Dodi said...

Yep. If it is meant to be you will be able to figure it all out pretty easily - although the follow through may not always be the easiest plan, the details should themselves fall in to place.

Good luck, and I hope this works out to the happiest result!!!!!

Logzie said...

I kinda think a little differently...

My thought is that if it's something that you want bad enough...you'll make it work but on the other hand...if it's not something you "should be" doing then there will probably be a feeling of uneasiness that you just can't shake. Just my opinion...

On another note...CONGRATULATIONS for being found worthy AND offered such a fantastic position!! That's awesome and has to feel pretty darn good!! Yay for you!!

Aimee said...

Congratulations and Good Luck if you decide to take the position. Everything happens for a reason!

Ken said...

Congrats! You'll have to juggle, but I'm sure you'll find a way to spend quality time together.

Ali said...

Que sera, sera - one of my favourite combinations of words, and one that I'm finally starting to accept myself. Whatever will be, will be.

You're right - if it's meant to happen, you will find a way.

And congratulations! There's nothing quite like a feeling of recognition like that, is there?

And...I miss you! Yikes! Hope you've been keeping well :)

OHN said...

It is time to rally the troops and have a family meeting. When I was offered my new position I did that to make clear what was involved as far as --mom won't be here to wipe your butt ALL DAY LONG anymore (mind you they are 19,18, and 13 but surprisingly still need an enourmous amount of attention...they are male after all.)

What does the big picture look like? Will it help the family out of any financial bind? Is it going to be a good move that may not be there when the kids are older and you are ready to change? Are the kids willing to pull more of the load of chores at home so when you are there you aren't still "working"?

Mostly it boils down to your gut. If you think that it is a good opportunity and won't create negative havoc on the family...then go for it. If you keep having that nagging tug at your stomach and it just doesn't feel right to make the change, then don't but make sure you don't regret either decision or you will be resentful and miserable and NOBODY wants a mom like that :)

OHN said...

Sorry,,,didn't mean to write a novel!

tz said...

congratulations!
here are a couple suggestions:
Hire a maid, so the cleaning isn't an issue and you can spend more time w/ the kiddos....

make ahead meals or eat out more

Bugsy said...

I guess all you can do is try to make it work out for everyone and if it doesn't - then try to find something that does. exciting! I say go for it!

Huge Congrats on the opportunity anyhow. Even if you do nothing with it - it is incredible to be asked!

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi..

Thanks...I sure hope it all works out...a few of us are starting at the same time and we are all in the same boat !
xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Logziella

Yes...so true....I am trying really hard to make it happen...

We have a meeting this Thursday !

Sitting In Silence said...

amiee...

Yay...I have missed you...

So true...everything does happen for a reason !

Sitting In Silence said...

DF...

I so hope so...I think my main issue is that I have never really juggled before !

Sitting In Silence said...

Aliiiiiiiiiii....

I have so missed you girl...hope all is well
xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Ohn...

I love your advice....you are like an old friend...

I did what you wrote and spoke to the whole family...

I came to the conclussion that it is....
an oppurtunity of a life time..
The pick of post grad courses
In a beautiful environment
With perfect hours
and way better pay rates
Oh and a free gym membership...LOL...

xoxoxxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Ohn...I love your novels....keep on writing them...your advice is great...

Thanks heaps xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Scott...

Yes it sure is...seems like a total nightmare at times !

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ...The maid thing is making a lot of sence LMAO

xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Sis....it sure is an honor to be asked..

She told me I was the top of the list....

Am feeling pretty special about now !...LOL

Colleen O said...

WOW - Congratulations SIS! I guess you can feel great about it which every way it turns out. I like those dilemas!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic... Congratulamalations....
I say go for it! Since you've all had the discussion and your all happy about it it will work out just fine... Adjusting is something that is a part of life.... It won't be easy to pick up and move your whole life around but I reckon it will be worth it..
Change can be a good thing...

You've worked hard for this and you deserve it... Enjoy your moment to shine in the light and enjoy this adventure that is ahead of you...

Does it mean moving nearer to me? I would love to meet you in person some day... and I do seem to get sick a lot lately..lol...

Luv and hugs,
Lesley

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O...

Great to see you around ! x

Sitting In Silence said...

Les....

LMAO...do ya need a nurse ha ha...

Everytime DH is sick his first line is...is there a nurse in the house ?...funny as...

Yes...we will have to met...I have family in Melbourne so normally fly down quite a bit....maybe we could arrange to met...I'm sure Bugsy would be in as well...

x

krista said...

Congratulations!!!
I'm sure it will all work out. It sounds like a great opportunity. It's a hard juggling act but you have to remember that the happier you are with your own life the happier your family will be with theirs!
Good Luck and Congratulations again!

kenady said...

I agree... if it's meant to be everything will fall into place:) I'm with whoever mentioned hiring a maid! When I had my first child and new that I would be going back to work full time I hired a cleaning lady to come every other week. She keeps up with the basic cleaning. It's been 5 years since I cleaned the bathroom:) What a liberating experience!

Anyway... everything happens for a reason. These things always get your mind a churning and lets you know what your true desires are. Good luck!

Congrats too! I know you will work it all out:) xoxo, erin

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Krista...that is so true....x

Sitting In Silence said...

Kenady....Thanks..I am thinking that a cleaner may not be such a bad idea....infact I know a really good one.....

5 years since you have cleaned a bathroom...sounds really good to me LMAO...

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me... Let me know in advance.... It would be great to finally meet Bugsy too....
Luv Lesley

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the circus, my clown friend :) It will all work out, don't worry. (And congrats!)

OMGosh! Thank you so much for the linky love over there! You're a sweetheart! School's almost out. I'm looking forward to having a lot more time for keeping up with my reader!