Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I gotta lay of the Coke !

Every Weekend,I drive the same monotonous piece of road for an hour each way on my way to work.....

The only enjoyable part of the tedious path is a small stretch of untouched land that resides next to an ocean outlet.

Many families enjoy the lush green edges of the land and many families sit and watch the boats come in, toddlers waving furiously hoping to catch a wave or two from the boat crew....

Saturday appeared as per normal and while I sat there at the traffic lights wishing I was catching some rays myself....a rather odd scene unfolded before my eyes...

There right in the middle of a the lush green grass stood a man, I am guessing in his late 70's with a full suit on...black complete with tie......what caught my eye... apart from the suit...was the huge back pack on his back...way over sized and big enough to hold the body of a horse.

The man just stood there,his back facing the sea, his face emotionless...

Odd...

Rather considering it was close to 29 degrees...outside...

So while I sat at the traffic lights sipping on my huge probably should lay off a little... bottle of diet coke...

1000 thoughts ran through my head...

Wedding ?...No
Sky diver?...possibly but landing so close to an ocean outlet...probably not.
Actor?...no one else present...
Suicide bomber...first time in OZ ?...Maybe..
Is that a body in the bag?...
Is this a park prank....

The lights turned green and no one in the line moved...I think we were all thinking a long the lines of the same thing...

Seriously...I gotta lay of the diet Coke...

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's almost freaky. Heck... that is freaky! Shoot, Now I'll lie awake tonight wondering.. "What the heck was he doing out there?"

Ken said...

You better check that soda you were drinking! It was all in your head.

Rock Chef said...

He was probably English. I don't think he would be that out of place over here.

tz said...

my first thought was 'mormon missionary' but then they always travel in pairs...

they come knocking on my door almost weekly...and always when I'm in the least control of my household, the kids running amok, my hair wild and flour on my face and shirt (even if I wasn't baking)

ok, I digress....yes, maybe it is too much diet coke...maybe you should try diet pepsi...hahahaha (ok sorry--I thoght it was funny)

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was going to a funeral?
Maybe the backpack had all of the flowers in it?
Or maybe he was practicing his professional look!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was contemplating suicide by throwing himself into the water and maybe the backpack contained rocks to hold him down! I heard of someone doing the rocks-in-the-backpack-to-ensure-sinking thing once.

Sandra

Sitting In Silence said...

darrin..

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment..

I think I also layed awake wondering what he was doing...for what it's worth nothing has made the paper...yet !...

Sitting In Silence said...

Mr DF....

I promise the soda or soft drink as we call in it OZ...had no vodka in it....

Promise LMAO...

Sitting In Silence said...

Chief....LMAO...really ?

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ

Good thought...but your right they do travel in 2...

Great idea about the Diet Pepsi.....I will grab one on the drive up this Sat...

Sitting In Silence said...

Les...Means he would have had about 36 kilos of flowers in his bag?...lol..

Maybe it was his professional look....I knew I should have stopped and asked him !LMAO

Sitting In Silence said...

Sandra...I reckon you may be close. When I thought about your comment...it makes alot of sence....I have heard that people do that as well....

Still....nothing in the local paper. As of Sat...I have been reading every line !

x

Logzie said...

I just can't stop laughing at TZ's comment!! Flour on your face even if you are not baking! LOL!!!! You are hilarious!

Hmmm...I'm going with the suicide and rocks in the bag theory. Gosh, that is so sad...

Sitting In Silence said...

Logzilla..

Yes we have to remember that tip...LMAO...It's a classic...

I'm with you as well...Sandra's rocks in the bag...seems to fit!

Sitting In Silence said...

Scott...LMAO...Dunno about the salad and garnish bit...

We are pretty big on salad over here, must have something to do with the BBQ theme OZ has happening...

I'm with you on the malt thing...must of been spiked hey !....

Have a great weekend x