Monday, June 9, 2008

A Toast ...

 

 

 


On Saturday night I attended my first ever charity ball..

It was a beautiful, amazing night spent with the people I love....

In honor of raising funds for the Mothersmilkbank...


DH and I got to spend 16 hours alone, together without the children. It was the first time since DS was born nearly 3 years ago.....I so enjoyed our time together and cherished every minute.

*Update...

I have taken the position in the local hospital (oncology)...I am nervous but excited...

I am hoping that everything will fall into place and what does not...I will make happen...

Wish me luck !
Posted by Picasa

35 comments:

Rock Chef said...

16 hours! Wow, that is a mega treat! The most we have managed since having our first (21 years ago) is a couple of hours.

I have never been to a ball, but given my dancing abilities this is probably a good thing!

Good luck with making the new job work!

Logzie said...

You look FABULOUS!! What a great looking couple you two are! I'm so glad you got all that time together...isn't it wonderful!

A Ball sounds like fun! And I LOVE your attitude about your new position...what doesn't fall into place...I'll make happen! That's awesome and somehow I know you can and will do it!!

Congratulations again!!!!!

kenady said...

You 2 are an amazing couple. I can tell you are so happy together:)

Congrats on the position! Everything will be fine... I KNOW it:)

love to you!

Anonymous said...

So it's fair to say you were the Belle of the ball!

So happy your moving forward and in such a postive frame of mind about all of it..

You deserve this, so grab it with both hands and hang on tight..
Luv'N'Hugs,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful -- and you both look happy -- a perfect combination!

Best wishes in your new job -- they are fortunate to get you!

Dodi said...

Oh my gosh - you went to a Ball? How cool is that??? You can safely add "Philanthropist" to your resume now.

Good luck with the new position, you'll be great!!

Lora said...

16 Hours! Holy heck, how awesome! You look stunning!

Sitting In Silence said...

Chief...

Sure was a mega treat !...

Thanks for your well wishes with the job x

Sitting In Silence said...

Log...Oh it sure was wonderful just having that time together...

Sure makes you appreciate each other more ! xox

Sitting In Silence said...

Kenady...

Thanks for your kind comments......funny but you seem a lot like me....does that make any sence...lol

xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Scott...always love to see you around ! x

Sitting In Silence said...

Les....holding on girl realllllllll tight LOL xox

Sitting In Silence said...

Sandra...Thank you so much...I hope they think they are lucky !

I'll just have to show them how lucky they are hey ? xox

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodddddddddiiiiiiiii...

How are you and how is the V jar going down LOL...xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Lora...Thanks so much for your kind comment...

How is darling Lily ?

As American as Apple Pie said...

Congrats on the job! You look gorgeous in the photos.

Doc said...

I am wishing that I was in that top picture... ;-)

Colleen O said...

Luck, and congratulations! Ya'll look wonderful! You should do that couple time more often - it looks like you know how to do it up right!

Sitting In Silence said...

As American...

Hey Dude..thanks for dropping by...I have to catch up on your blog...I'v just been so busy !

Sitting In Silence said...

Doc...hey thanks for the drop by as well....

xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O....have yo tried tha V jar yet ?

Ali said...

Yowza!! You are looking smokin' hot there momma!!! Woohoo :)

Congrats on taking the job, I know you will totally rock it!

Anonymous said...

You look fantabulous! And I look forward to reading posts about your new job; I'm sure you will be a light in the lives of your patients.

tz said...

CONGRATULATIONS....on the oncology gig...you'll be FANTASTIC

you and hubby and friends look fantastic, what a fun way to have some alone hubby and wife time!

Mony said...

I've said it before & I'll say it again.
You're a deadset spunk.

Slyde said...

16 hours without the kids?

my god, that was a LOOOONG charity ball! :)

Ken said...

You're so lucky. The last time my wife and I were out of the house without the kids, it was only for an hour and we were at Home Depot.

Aimee said...

You two look great. Sounds like you have a great time. Hubby and I get away for about 4 days about once a year. Parents watch the kids. I pay for it in the end, but we have a great time. You were in our thoughts at TZ's party, you need to think about relocating to Denver!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Aliiiiiiiiiiii...Thanks chickie...I love that saying ! x

Sitting In Silence said...

HPKT..Oh I hope you are right, I am starting to feel really nervous about my new job....it's coming around mighty fast !

x

Sitting In Silence said...

Mony.....You always make me smile...AND... I cannie believe how much MR C is growing up...his a real little dude now...Tooooo cute !

x

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ...It was such a good night with such a great groups of friends....

We all realized afterwards that we need to do it more often....

x

Sitting In Silence said...

Slyde...Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.....

The Ball only went for 5 of the 16 hours ...LOL...what with the free drink some people only saw 2 hours ...LOL...if you get my drift.

Sitting In Silence said...

DF....I have heard that HD rocks !....

x

Sitting In Silence said...

Aimee...Thanks...I love the photo. I felt so special all that day. I am going to print it out and book it on my book rack of fame....

You guys are really special, look after each other !

xoxox