So I was reading the local paper on the weekend and one of the editors had written a huge story about Internet fraud and security on blogs...
Talk about making you want to go password protected....
It really made me sit up and read....and well to be honest...panic ALOT...
It seems that there have been a few cases of blogger's that draw in a large crowd and then write one day that their spouse has a terminal illness, or has been in a bad accident, the made up illness/incident goes on, via blog land and the blogger explains that they need funding for treatment and requests that donations can be made through a bank account.
The story is totally fabricated and the blog normally has quite a few followers, once donations are made the blogger dies, more donations are received and then the blog comes to an end.....and well thus a new beginning out there in cyber world...and a new story begins....
For some people it's a hobbie and they can run 10-15 blogs at one time.
I do realize that there are people out there who do have real illnesses and terrible accidents and I cant even imagine what the people above are thinking nor even start to wonder how they sleep at night...
So guy's...Please be careful....I'll leave you with words of advice from my Fav Author Dean K ...."Sometimes as in the real world as in your dreams....nothing is quite ...what it seems...."
Right Now- June Recap
4 weeks ago

22 comments:
Thanks for the advice. BTW, I'm raising money for a bunch of orphans. Can you email me your credit number? Don't forget the expiration date and the csv numbers on the back of the card. Thanks in advance.
DF...LOL>..Only you ! xox
Wow! That is a new one to me!
I guess I am lucky in the bloggers that I read - they tend to want to give things away!
Damn! why don't I think more like a criminal?? I could be actually turning ON my furnace this winter! :)
I can usually sniff out the dishonest ones but then again I wouldn't give anyone any money anyway so I give wonderful little encouraging words instead...let them try to take that to the bank :)
the world is a scary place these days especially w/ all the economic woes.
Wow, I guess I can't use that one now. thanks SIS!!!!!
Good info - although I have yet to really run in to that. I have seen "tip jars", which I think are hilarious.
YIKES...it never ceases to amaze me the depths at which others will go to in terms of deceiving others. If they took all that time, energy and resources for something productive and legal...they could probably be very successful!
LOL...me too..but I used to have a huge habit of searching for new blogs to read and I think I did run across one like the editor wrote about a while ago...it really does make you think about who can hide behind a screen...
It's all too easy these days...
Whoops the above post was for our famous CRC...
OHN....LMAO....your a classic xoxo
Erin...It sure is, makes you worry so much....
I so have to go back to drinking red ! LOL xoxo
Sorry Dod's...LOL...
Hey what are tip jars ?....maybe we can add them LOL...
Miss M....That is so right...they could be brilliant....I dont know how they sleep at night...xox
Bastards!
*note to self - come up with a new scam quickly, as maternity leave will be over before you know it.
Hmmm this is a brilliant idea. I'm actually broke at the moment and could really use the cash. Hmmm I wonder what disease would bring in the most cash.
Hm. That's pretty pathetic. Good thing I don't have any money to donate!! LOL
omg that is shocking! Lucky i am already broke and have nothing to give. maybe i should put a tip jar on my blog!
Ali....LMAO...I'm sure you and me could think up a few xoxox
Sid....There are some real rippers out there...x
Mrs 4...Love your new profile picture...x
Bugs...What are those tip jars ?...
Wow...it never ends! A-mazing!! Thanks for the word of warning!
Post a Comment