After much a do, we choose (together), an Australian Nurse Called Olive Eva Ainsley.
Olive was known for compaining for better working conditions, more pay, and for nursing to be brought in and studied at a territory level so that there was a national scope of practice for which nurses could practice within.
For the night,each child had to dress up as their notable person and present a stall,in which people could ask them questions.
Here is Flossy all done up as a nurse...(well kind of - she refused to wear the hat- It's called being 13!)
Here is her stall, with some modern nursing bits and pieces added...
It's a family night,so I dragged My Mum and (her long time student from China) along.
The night was wonderful and it was amazing to see all the work the children had put into each of their stalls.
On the way home, I said to Flossy.
Did you enjoy the night?, was there anything that you learnt about nursing that you didn't know before this night ?
To which she replied....Yes...I never ever ever want to be a nurse...you get paid really bad. I can earn more at Woolworth's !
What can I say ?...It's all true really ! LOL...


20 comments:
HA! Kids...they really get the heart of the matter don't they?!
(Love the family photo;)
Great photos. Flossy looks like she could be an intern. I'm not sure how much nurses get paid over here in the states, but I hope it's more than what a retail store pays.
People who become nurses for the money are bad nurses!
Flossy looks more like you every time you post a pic! Hope you have Mr Baseball Bat by the door!
Yeah I'm with Chief Rock Chef. I had a friend who was a nurs back in WA. She worked horrible hours, long hours, dealt with all kinds of rowdy and mean patients and you know what? She absolutely loved her job. Loved it. So I'm thinking this is one of the professions that people would mostly choose from the heart and not from the pocketbook!
I'm glad Flossy learned appreciation for the job though even if her statement is funny!
Love the family portrait! Flossy looks so grown up... time flies doesn't it? And you gotta love the honesty that flows from the mouths of babes:) xxoo
Oh, my mom (who was an RN) used to get so mad when my brother (who was in college) would point out how he made more per hour checking out groceries at Safeway than she did as a nurse!
She looks like she did a really good job! You must be proud! And, thanks for your help with Annie's project.
Flossy has a natural beauty that is just simply breathtaking!! She's georgous Dan!! Just like her Momma!
She's definately a good thinker...I love that!!
Oh kiddies - so honest :)
The costume looked great, can't blame her for not wanting to wear "the hat", lol.
And the family pic - gorgeous!
OHN...Oh they sure do !
Love your new header by the way.
DF...I hope so too !
How is the back ?, any better ?
CRC...LOL...True !
We have been known to say " we sure dont do this for the money" many times...
Amanda...Very True...it just rattles me sometimes that I could get the same money selling a tin of soup..and not have such a huge study bill to pay off !....
Erin....Time sure does fly. It was only yesterday she was running around in a Fairy dress...
Awwwwwwww I miss that !
Dodi...No problem at all. Did you get my e-mail as well. I added a few extra links that I thought would help her....
Teresa...Awwwwww you say the nicest things....xoxoxo
Ali...The hat conversation was even better.....LOL...
Oh you just gotta love teens !
so if you responded to everyone does that mean I'm too late! =/ I still wanna play!
I hope your new make you better meds are leveling out - and your feeling better. Flossy would make a darn cute nurse, but she'd also make a darn cute . . . anything!
What a beautiful girl. If nursing doesn't appeal, maybe modeling?!
Mrs C of course you can play LOL...x
Sandra...Thank you x
Post a Comment