Monday, August 3, 2009

Sometime in the Future...

 


There might come a day sometime in the future
When I dont think about you constantly
Wonder what you would have looked like,
What colour your hair would have been,
And how your smile may have looked.
There might come a day, sometime in the future
When I wont wonder what I did wrong.
When I wont blame myself.
When the sharp pain will become dull.
When I can accept this as meant to be.
There might come a day sometime in the future
When I am happy again.
When I can let go.
When I can look at a baby without aching for you.

 
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Martha said...

AW....I am so sorry for your loss.
Hugs and well wishes!

tz said...

beautiful and heartfelt...and having been there, I feel that way too (8 years later), my thoughts are with you!

Aimee said...

I am very sorry for what you are going through. As with TZ, I went through this 8 years ago and my thoughts are with you. Hugs and kisses from Denver.

Amy said...

My heart goes out to you...and having been there 3 times in the last 5 years, it is not easy. One of my favorite poems. Hugs and prayers to you from Chicago.

Dodi said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, know what you are going through... I so wish you lived close by so we could all embrace you and cry with you right now. We all care for you a great deal, and would sit with you for as long as you needed us.

Sending hugs, tissues, and hope. XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs... lots of hugs.

Daddy Forever said...

I'm so sorry Danielle. I know you feel awful. My wife and I went through this three times between our last two kids.

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Martha...I really appreciate it.

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ>>>Thank you x

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Amiee...I so appreciate your thoughts x

Sitting In Silence said...

Aw thanks Dodi...was great chatting to you today xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

RM...Thank you x

Sitting In Silence said...

DF..Thanks x

OHN said...

What a great poem. It really explains how that loss feels. We found out that all four of our losses were all girls. Now, having 3 boys, I soooo often wish I had known at least one of my little girls. You would think after all these years my heart wouldn't go "there" anymore, but it does and I think it always will.

Thinking of you :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle -- I am so sorry. I wish I was there to put my arms around you. I hope you can feel me mentally embracing you across the miles. xoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

OHN...Thanks for your thoughts...Your so right x

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Sandra....I sure can feel it xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my Dan...I've been gone from the blogworld for sooo long now that I missed this totally. I'm sooooo sorry girl!! My heart breaks for you!!