So today I receive a phone call from my grandfather.
Telling me that my father has called him and was disgusted at the way I fobbed him off on the phone.
I will add here that the care factor rating is FUCKING zero.
But.....
I will explain............
My father for less of a better word rang me in the middle of a lecture. The only reason I picked the phone up was because.
1 It was ringing.
2. I forgot to turn it on silent.
3. The number was unlisted.
4. Meaning one of 3 important people including the school and hospital may have been trying to ring me.
The phone call again less for a better word went along the lines of this...
FF-Hello,It's your Dad.
He fucking always says's "your Dad", like he suddenly feels guilty for not ringing once in 3 months and maybe just fucking maybe I forgot who he is.
FF- I wanted to tell you I was moving. I have brought a house for my soon to be bride. She needs more space.
Me- Oh that's great, where are you moving ?
FF- Oh it's a bit further from here. I will post you the address when I get the chance.
Me- Post me the address ?.
FF - Well yes I don't have it on me.
( For what it is worth my Grandfather has told me the address and the Real Estate guide and the web page with all the photo's in it )
The house is close to 1 Million Dollars, it has 4 bed, study, Media room, spa, get my drift.
It anit no cant swing a ginger cat in a shack.
Such a beautiful house, that he cant remember the address.
The dribble continues.
Me- Well I am glad you are happy but I am in the middle of a lecture and we are supposed to have our phones off, I can call you back if you would like?.
FF- What a lecture?.
Me- Yes, I am studying to reach my dream, remember ?.
FF- My fiance will be doing the move, the house will allow us to have friends over.
Me- Friends?.
FF - Yes we like to entertain.
Me_-Absolutely stunned, Gobbed smacked entertain?, does that mean people actually go his house for dinner ?.
Fuck me. He has never invited me. Hell I am not even supposed to know where he lives.
What is even more bizarre is I am an "Only child".
I have never ever asked him for anything.
Not once.
Not even when DH was first diagnosed, not even when I was working 3 jobs and double shifts to pay his medical bill.
Not even when I was juggling all this, including the house, garden, kids,work and Dh's Chemo.
I have never asked for your,
Attention,
Support,
Love,
Time,
Understanding.
Much less your money !!.
Nothing !!...and you have the hind to tell the grandfather I am short with you on the phone?.
Half of me really feels sorry for you.....
I mean how do you sleep at night being so selfish?.
How does that guilt not eat at you like some kind of bad flesh eating disease?.
How do you sit back and pretend like I don't exist?.
Time and Time again like you are some poor kind of victim, that I am supposed to take pity on.
Truthfully, you can go and rot in hell,and take your house with you.
I couldn't care less, you don't deserve to be in any part in my life.
One word of caution through, you piss me off with one more thing and I blow the whistle on.
And you know how loud that whistle is !!!
Don't you !
Right Now- June Recap
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
Much like you I had a "father" that much preferred anything else to being a dad. Basically he was a sperm donor to my mother. Actally this was a good thing because he would have been a horrible influence had he stayed any longer. As it is, none of my memories were happy with him. I had to decide that I would be happier without him in my life and I never looked back.
See hun - I seriously do not think he deserves that title at all. "biological parent" maybe but that is about all. He never was a "father". I actually like Ohn's comment that likened the person as "sperm donor to her mother" - sadly some people are like that. I just wish he would stop trying to push his life into your face again and again. he will never understand that shoving his life in your face will never make up for all he has done and not done.
If you were my daughter I would be so damn proud of you. You are awesome - never forget that my sweet sis.
Ohn, You are so right. I am never looking back.
You have done it and so will I.
Thanks x
Bugsy, Thanks for everything but more so for just being you x
Post a Comment