ok...I'll admit it.....I so looooooooove Halloween...
Yes....I know...it's not tradition in Oz Land for Halloween...but I say bring it on !
Every year for the last 5 years, I spend the whole day dressing up the house and planning costumes...
Every year, the beautiful American family from down the road, (who make this wonderful hand carved pumpkin), dress their daughters up and come a knocking.....
I play spooky music, and make then put their hands in a bowl full of plastic spiders and fake web...for that ever lasting piece of candy.
The girls father said..they talk about the house every year and last year...I kind of became the talk of the street and even more kidlets came knocking....
This year will be the first time that I can dress stumpy up....stay tuned!
Oh and a huge Happy Halloween to all my American readers....
3 comments:
that's the spirit...maybe with your help it'll catch on???
my mother grew up in Cuba and when she read about halloween customs here she rallied her block to celebrate...it worked for a couple of years, then she moved here and she got her halloween celebrations.
adorable picture of the kiddos! we just decorated our porch last night, only to get lots of snow today!
OH TZ...you will have to take some photo's...do you make those hand carved pumpkins as well...?
Everyone here carves pumpkins. The carving tools and pattern kits are a booming business!
http://www.pumpkinmasters.com/
You little Ameriphile! You're such a yank at heart.
I'm taking my kids to Georgia for trick or treating. Their cousins live there and we thought it would be fun for all of them to go together.
Happy Halloween to you too!!
Post a Comment