Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Miss Miss.....

So I am at work on Monday night and a patient decides to press the buzzer call system for lets say the um.....67Th time.

True...no crap some of them need a presciption of a low dose anti -inflammatory because I swear they get RSI of the finger !!!...

Anyway, after the 67Th time the buzzer call system bless its electrical wires...goes into major overload on my side of the ward....

The RN who must of been extremely busy at the time, comes rushing over yelling....

"Who knows what FAIL means ?"

Not I said the fly..... so off she goes, resets the system and heads back to her side of the bat cave...

No less then 10 minutes after that a local on call Dr decides that there is no time like the present to make a quick visit.

WHOOPS...he manages to trip the security system and the whole buzzer system does a major show of FAIL FAIL FAIL...not to mention the screeching alarm system that can be heard as far away as the next superb.

The DR stands dead still as the RN from the other side of the bat cave, comes flying past like she is caught in a whirl wind, mumbling and cursing to her self.....

She brushed past me and the Dr in such a state I have to pull the hair out of my eyes.

I instantly follow her to the ringing in my ears....

Miss Miss...do I follow you....? yes the poor Dr had been knocked to his ass and was sitting on a heap on the floor wondering what the heck he had walked into....

Just another day at the Bat Cave Dr....room 351 has been complaining of a stiff finger !

2 comments:

Ali said...

LOL - what a crazy ass nurse!

Ugh, I can't even imagine what it's like to have to actually listen to that buzzer all day.
When the husband calls from the hospital and I can hear patient's buzzers going off in the background it takes about 10 seconds before I develop a twitch.

tz said...

getting a taste of that myself...my last clinical we kept getting buzzed into a room (where the nurses sent us students because they were sick of it) and it was the patient's daughter doing the buzzing because she didn't want to take care of her mother....and when we would leave the room, she gave us a list of things we did wrong...oh and laughed at us the entire time we were there...

learned that the whole, just grin and bear it...people are insane and we just have to smile at them.