Monday, July 7, 2008

 

 

 


First off...Thank you so much for all your well wishes,finally after a week I feel a little like my old self.

I am seeing another specialist soon who should know a little more about hemipelgic migrains.I am hoping it was just a once off and that it will never come back. I keep telling myself,the mind is a powerful thing.


Now onto interesting news...........

Dax,for the first time ran in the Gold Coast Marathon. It was a huge day with runners from all over the world.

There were about 500 junior runners and Dax came 32nd.

We are so proud of him and his positive attitude.....

It was an amazing day as I sat and watched people cross the line. Some where in it to win, others to reach a goal and some just for fun.

21,000 runners over 7 events.

x
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

tz said...

holy cow...congratulation Dax! What a remarkable kid...but you knew that right!

I hope your hemi...migraine was a one time thing too...I have to look that up!

I get regular migraines and they're horrible...

glad you're feeling better!

Sitting In Silence said...

TZ....A hemipelgic migrain presents as a TIA or stroke. Symtoms can range from coma, ataxia,(One sided) loss of vision, speech etc.
It can last from 20 minutes to 7 days.
They said it is a rare form of migrain.

I'd be interested on what you find if you find the time to look it up..

D xoxoxo

Ken said...

Good for Dax. I use to have the ability to run. Now my best event is sitting on the chair.

Ali said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better lovey :) migraines are so brutal!

And congrats to your handsome boy! Nice job Dax!

Sitting In Silence said...

DF...Same here...with the remote LOL...oh and the kid's in bed otherwise it's the disney channel..lol..

Sitting In Silence said...

ali...thanks so much...I popped on over to your blog and Ellery has grown in a week...bless her pink socks !

xoxox

Teresa said...

That's awesome that Dax came in 32nd!!! Wahoo!!

Glad you are feeling better too! What in the world causes migraines anyway?...do they even know? They are the worst!

Rock Chef said...

Wow, Dax is amazing! How far was it? Not a full marathon, surely?

Hope that migraine was just a one off, it sounds horrible!

Bugsy said...

OMG Well done Dax. That is incredible. How far was the marathon? How long did it take him? You know - i would never finish it in like a million days. Incredible effort - Huge hugs and well done!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better and I pray that ole migraine never comes back.

Well done, Dax!

Aimee said...

Finally cathcing up on my blog hopping. Hope you are doing better. We wouldn't want anything happening to our adopted "sister wife".

DF - I too used to have the ability to run. Where does that go? It's also not true what they say about never forgetting how to ride a bike. I tried that last month and almost ended up in the ER myself. I also tried to rollerblade, same outcome. Lots of laughing and no accomplishments!

Colleen O said...

Like a 26 miles marathon!! Amazing! Good for him. (And I'm glad you're up and at 'em again.)

kenady said...

Good for Dax! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Glad that you are feeling better! Have been thinking of you!

Best wishes and lots of love, erin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Dax! And, I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope too that it was just a one-time thing. Take care of yourself.

Sitting In Silence said...

Teresa...I have managed to forget my password ...LOL...
I have so missed your blog, when I work it all out I promise to be back over there
xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

CRC...It was called the junior dash. A sprint of 2.5 km.

It's a huge even over here, I could not believe how many people are keen to run !

x

Sitting In Silence said...

Sis, It took him 10 minutes 26 seconds.
He ranked 32 in his group of 500.
Pretty good effort for fun, maybe we should train him next time LOL...

How is little Alex settling into daycare ?
xoxoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Chachi...Great to see you again.
Thanks so do I
xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Aimee...yes where does it go?, I sure wish I had some of there energy...

xoxox

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O..thanks for your support...xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks heaps Erin, I have been so slack of the later.
I have not even changed your link yet...I promise to get around to it though...hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi Sandra...Thanks so much...

I was just talking about J to the girls at work last night and telling them about her Ophra visit. I read it a long time ago in her blog......about how they all dressed up and wore red...just beautiful..

Hope all is well xoxox