Monday, September 17, 2007

The Dream Starts....

 


FINALLY........

The dream begins....

I started my clinical placement,in a post natal clinic in a Local Birthing Unit.....

I had such an incredable day....

I spent the whole day totally shelled shocked and had to pinch myself 3 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming...

I met mother's,fathers, Grandmothers and beautiful tiny sweet smelling little babies.....

Tiny Tiny babies that take your breath away.....

And start me clucking clucking clucking......

* The photo is of Stumy Dumpy and myself when he was 3 week's old......
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tz said...

i love the way newborns cry...smell, look
i love how the mother's look at their newborns...when i grow up and become a nurse i so want to work Labor and Delivery!
congrats on your new job.

Colleen O said...

hahaha - I was just going to say - ooh, I'll have to tell TZ to check out your post! But she beat me to it.

Congratulations - and you've been working toward this how long?

Sitting In Silence said...

Thans Guy's...

I have been working towards this for as long as I can remember...My Mum recalls me wanting to be a nurse from around the age of 4.

I just went into a different line of nursing until I had our children.

I'll admit, it's crazy juggling two job's, 3 children, 2 dogs, a sick husband and study...someday's I do think I have bitten off more then I can handle, but you just keep going...and the 18 months has passed so quick...

Count down to May 30th.....

TZ....How far into your study are you?

OHN said...

You are my new hero. ;)

Anonymous said...

I so miss the newborn stage...

Congrats!

tz said...

I'm done with the pre-requisite science courses and i've started the two year nursing program this past august.

I wanted to ask you if there's a nursing shortage in australia?

Sitting In Silence said...

tz.

Here in Australia there is a national shortage of Nurses.

The system is either Public ( huge) or private.

The groups are...
AIN- assistant in nursing.
EN- Enrolled Nurse.
EEN- Endorsed Enrolled Nurse.
RN- Registered Nurse.
Then onto your levels etc.
I can send you the direct link on some Nursing job websites if you would like that are based in Australia. Some even offer short term contracts...for say 3 months at a time.
Just let me know...
Danielle.