Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Poignant Reminder....


Finally we took the plunge and brought the car that we have been wanting before DH was diagnosed.

The car is a poignant reminder of his disease because the reason we put off buying it was due to the huge cost of his medical bills and never knowing what to expect day to day..

Purchasing the car came up a few times but, I was so lost in the depth of his illness and the sadness it brought ....

I saw no point...

A month ago the car came up again....and I realized that you just cant put your life on hold forever...

No matter how much you try.

DH has been stable and that's all the Dr's can tell us, they cant elaborate or guess, they just don't know....

So we took a leap in the universe and....

We looked at 150 cars all over Australia, via the Internet...it was a chance call to a local company that put me in touch with their car yard...

They had a huge birthday celebration and we went down the following morning.

There she was, at the back of the yard just getting off the truck.....the rest is history...


We have had the car for 3 weeks now, it's an absolute delight to drive and a huge step for us overcoming another aspect of the disease....

Isn't she a beauty ?...

6 comments:

Colleen O said...

funny how your car can mean so may things to you! I noticed one of those the other day for the first time and I lusted after it. A subaru what?

I haven't been on your blog long enough to know - your DH was diagnosed with what?

tz said...

great car! we just traded our 18 year old honda for a newbie this summer...DH so very happy! and a bit sad because honda was around when we were in college.

i will think good thoughts about your husband and your family!

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi Colleen,
It's a Ford Territory...

Thanks.. TZ for your thoughts...

Dodi said...

Since my entire neighborhood is commenting on the car, I thought I'd chime in! I don't think Ford sells the Territory over here - but I think I wish they did. VERY cool car. Is it true it has a handbag holder?

It kind of looks like the Subaru Tribecca that is sold here.

I'm happy for you that you took the plunge. Good, strong, healthy thoughts to your DH!

Sitting In Silence said...

LOL Dodi...

I have to check out that Subaru...I keep hearing that name...He He He...

The Territory has an In car safe for loss of a better word, I think this is where you place your hand bag....personally I like the cup holders ...all 8 of them and the power point in the boot.....
For what you ask ?......

Well the fridge of course !!..

Dodi said...

So funny to hear "a power point in the boot." Here it would be "an outlet in the trunk".

A fridge in the back? Handy!