Trust You Kasey-Ruby to be sitting in a fresh basket of laundry......
It's been two years since you found our family.
I answered an advertisement in the paper for a free pedigrees female Maltese.
You were only 3 years old and had lived with a retired couple.
They had taken you all around Australia in a back of a camper van.
Now they has a taste for oversea travel and during their last trip you fretted.
They were gone for six weeks and had now decided to move permanently.
Your first owners received over 40 calls from that advertisement.
They asked many questions.
I never heard for a week.
Finally they called again and said they were down to six, and they wanted to meet the family and what would be your crazy twin sister Matisse ( yes another small white fluffy), who needed to be tipped off her pedestal, just a little.
The visit went well and you stayed for a hour.
Then out of the blue, your first owner said " So will you take her? ".....
She must have decided then and there that you would be perfect for us.......
Saying goodbye to you was very hard for them. The husband could not get out of the car.
As she walked away crying I realized I never knew your name.....
I called after her......" Does she have a name?"
Kasey she said and she loves kids, our granddaughter is called Ruby....
That's why we called you Kasey- Ruby, so you will always have a part of your other family with you.
You have settled into our family really well, it's like you have always been here.
2 comments:
AWWWWWW! Give her a kiss on the nose from a crazy dog lady in Ohio USA :)
You have the most beautiful life stories hun - that is a very special one for a very special member of your family. She is gorgeous.
Post a Comment