He He He....
Edit to say....
This is my partner in crime, we have worked together, same shift 3 nights a week for the better part of ten years...our current workplace will be closed down before the end of the year because it is being re-built....
There will be a lot of changes and already I am feeling a little down about moving on.
Those walls have many a story to tell....I remember where I was standing when I told the girls I was engaged.
I remember the old staff room and the new lockers 12 years ago. Not so new now, but the notes and stickers we used to put on them are still there long after their renter has moved on.
I remember loads of faces, some stayed a while and some only a few months, but boy we sure did have some fun.
I have been through 4 changes of uniforms.....in 15 years...
One of my most vivid memories will be standing in front of the hall mirror with each of my pregnancies asking everyone how big my belly was getting, oh they still laugh about that one....that and when the pan room blew up loaded with O2 cylinders and here I was 36 weeks pregnant sprinting down the ward ...screaming.."better move those cyclinders before they shoot up this ward like torpedos!"....
To the echo of, "which one of you nurses has Mid experience?"....I think we may need it tonight !!!
8 comments:
down under you guys get collars on your scrubs? how cool is that.
ok so missing the point of your post...
is it you?
tz
Yep it's me!... pictured with my partner in crime of 10 years.
Boy, am I going to miss her when my workplaces closes.
Ummm...No point to my post, just got so excited when I found a Nursey picture (if not a horrible one) and had to post it.
When I did I realized I had nothing to say LOL....
I promise to try better next time LOL
x
oh ooops, my comment of mising the point of your post was more reflective of me not commenting on 'who it was' but concentrating on the collars...hahaha oh my gosh i'm so sorry i came across wrong.
our scrubs don't have collars and i just thought it was cute (look i'm obsessing again)
i would never comment on what others decide to say...are you kidding, my posts are soooo mundane and only about life in the suburbs/mom/nursing student stuff....i'm just happy when people keep visiting!
and should you move state side you would have a whole neighborhood of bloggers to bake you bannana bread and hang out with you and do your christmas shopping...just sayin' it seems we've kind of adopted you as our Australian neighbor. or maybe you've adopted us?
TZ
Now dont you go worrying, you never came across wrong at all....LOL.
I just had a light bulb go on when I looked at the photo again and hence me adding to the post...
I do hate to break it to you though and tell you that what we are wearing, are just plain old uniforms...BUT I do promise to try and find a scrub picture just for you !!!...LOL
Banana bread and Xmas shopping! not to mentions Colleen's Butter braids!...well that's it, I need to sell my house and move now for sure !!!!!.....
oh...it's not just colleen, butter braids go on sale twice a year for fundraisers around here, so we ALL have some in our freezer...you are good to go if you move this way!
ok yes show pics of the scrubs from down under...
SIS-you have mentioned Butter Braids before...for those of us that have no idea what they are,could you tell us? I am assuming it is a type of bread. If you can post a recipe I will make them for Thanksgiving here :)
As for the workplace closing...will you be out of a job???
Ohn...I will e-mail you with the info.. no problem at all...
Yep...It's looking like I may be at this stage. Although I also work for a local nursing agency so at least I can pick shifts up there.
It's not the same but...I feel like they are ripping my home down...
Great photo - How come you can look good in anything! lol have a good day hun.
Post a Comment