Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Grateful Flag...


I am grateful for 18 years of living with my best friend, someone who knows me beyond words and communication though thought.

I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to stand up and talk in a room full of people about a disease that is changing our lives and they knew nothing about.

I am grateful for my daughter,I always wanted a little girl and I cherish every single moment we have together. Her kind spirit and gentleness will take her far in this life.

I am grateful for my two sons,2 very different little men and 2 very different paths, but loved more then any words words.

I am grateful for meeting some incredible people,some real teachers of life that I happened upon by chance meetings.

And most of all, I am grateful for the incredible note left on my pillow this morning when I woke up from my beautiful DH....

From the moment I saw you.
I wanted to meet you.
From the moment I met you.
I wanted to know you.
From the moment I knew you.
I was in love with you.
From the moment I loved you.
I wanted to share my life.....with you...

And from that moment
And for all the moments to come,

I will love you
With all my heart........

Happy Anniversary Hunnie Bunnie, 18 years as Soul Mates, 13 married today....

Some people never experience that in a life time !

10 comments:

Ali said...

Awww! That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard!
Lucky, lucky lady you are - though I'm sure you already know it.

xo

Ali said...

Oh $hit - and Happy Anniversary - lol!

Colleen O said...

Awh! Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary in Australia. He sounds like a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, what a really nice post. You make a beautiful couple. Love is the best!
Hugs, Lesley

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes......

D x

Bugsy said...

ok so I am in tears now. That is a beautiful post. I have come to hate this disease as you have educated me about it. It is a cruel mistress.

Happy Anniversary hun - You are both very blessed to have each other.

I feel blessed to know you.

Dodi said...

Happy Anniversary to a stunning couple! May the rest of your years together be filled with as much love as all the previous years put together!

OHN said...

Here's to the next 18 (I am raising a glass to you--use your imagination:)

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Love like this is truly a gift worth cherishing!

tz said...

i love happy stories...particulary when they involve child brides...what, where you 10 when you met, you guys look great!

in these days when it's rare to see people still married after 5 years...13 is so great to see, especially when you are in love so much...thanks for the uplifting post!

oh wait, not sure if australia has the high divorce rate we do, 13 might be normal there...here, not so much!