Saturday, April 12, 2008

What Not To Say On E-Bay..

OK I totally confess...I am so addicted to E-Bay it's not funny...

I love buying and have picked up some great bargain's for less then what I would pay in the shop....

The only problem....

Last year I started selling and I kid you not...Some people out there in the cyber world of E-bay kind of put me wayyyyyyyy off...

The awards go to....Drum roll please.

1.The idiot that brought my spare plasma TV off me at a buy it now price and local pick up only....ONLY to be wanting it to be posted to Africa at a cost of 1200 dollars....spare me.

2.Goes to the person who e-mailed me asking if the fake fluff collar on a babies denim jacket was that of a real fox....Pleaseeeeeeee.

3.Goes to the same person that wanted to lay- by the jacket at a buy it now price of $3.

4.Goes to the person who took 4 and a half months to pay because every cat and dog in his family needed to go to the vet. Truth was after the 17Th cat the bells were a ringing !!!

5.Goes to the lucky soul who entered in 15,000 grand for a 15 dollar text book...if only LOL.

6.Goes to the person who managed to change address 3 times during the 4 days it took for the parcel to arrive.

And lucky legs 7 goes to the moron who asked if I would sell my 1000 grand plasma for$70...

Well I guess it was worth asking.....NOT !...

18 comments:

OHN said...

I am completely addicted to ebay too! I just started trying to sell and must say I am a better buyer than seller. I get offended if nobody bids on my crap. Any hints??

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi Ohn...

I Think the use of a close up photo or a few photos if the item is really special.

I also try and use a good capture like..."Funky Retro boys jeans size 0" instead of "boys size 0 jeans".

What are your e-bay hints...
x

Dodi said...

You sort of lost me at "spare plasma tv." Spare?? I don't even have one yet!!!

I heart Ebay! I'm totally scared to death to get a rating less than perfect.

A good picture and a great title like you said. Make sure anything they might search on is in in the title.

Anonymous said...

I have never bought or sold on e-bay, but I worked with a guy who sold his kids outgrown clothes and toys all the time! Amazing! Like having a garage sales that 100,00+ people come to!

Sandra

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of nutjobs. I have only recently started selling a cookbook, but just via word of mouth. I'm using Paypal, though, and so far, I've been happy with the results. Wish me luck!

tz said...

SIS...luv ebay, I sell on there too. But no nuts yet...

the Africa one is so funny!

tz said...

oh and how do you find the time...I have a little stack by my desk i need to take pics of and post...just haven't gotten around to it yet..

Ali said...

So...um, putting something on lay-by that only costs $3 is frowned upon then? Good to know...

Ha! Just kidding - what a tool that person was! Hehe :)

And I'm with dodi - "spare" plasma? Sheesh, if you would have sold it to me for $70 I'd be all set...

Lora said...

This is awesome! My man is addicted to ebay too! Maybe you can leave eachother feedback, lol :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an e-bayer too..
I was amazed to find that people would even pay for the little crappy toys you get with the McDonalds happy meals. I mean they woud pay up to $10 for one. Me happy they did.. lol..
I have never had trouble selling anything on E-bay or buying anything either. I stopped buying and selling so much when the cost of postage increased to a ridiculous level. But it's getting close to that time of year when I might start selling off some stuff Ayden has been asking to sell on E-bay of his own..
Yeah that's right, my 8 year old knows all about e-bay and has $$$$ signs in his eyes.
Hugs and have a good one..
Luv Lesley

Bugsy said...

I sell on ebay too but I am a hopeless seller - hardly any of my stuff sells and some of it is really good (imho). I don't know what I do wrong (apart from probably being far too honest, if i see a minor imperfection I will list it). i am lucky if i break even with the ebay costs the way they are. Also once the new ebay changes come in (paypal and pick up as the only ways of paying) I might give up selling all together.

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi....LOL...I am also horrified about the 100% rating....I'm up to 233/100%...pretty good odds hey ?

Sandra...It sure is like a huge online garage sale...

HPKT...Good luck with your cook book. WHat kind is it?. I am needing a slow cooker book !..

TZ...I also have a huge pile next to my desk and under all my text books.It is really hard to find the time. I sell a few things and then take a break and then get the buzz again...does that make sence ? Oh and old nursing text books go like hot cakes. I just sold one for $90 and I only paid $18 for it ...LOL...

Ali...LOL...Yep frowned upon..LOL

Lora...Yay another mad feedback person...what does your DH sell ?.

Lesley...I know...how amazing is it what people will pay.

Sis...You are so true, people will start to leave e-bay when the pay pal rule comes in. What with that alone and fees you will need to make a killing on e-bay to really make something out of selling. I know there is another group starting up here in OZ, where you can list 20 items for only ten dollars. Wonder how safe it will be ? x

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi....LOL...I am also horrified about the 100% rating....I'm up to 233/100%...pretty good odds hey ?

Sandra...It sure is like a huge online garage sale...

HPKT...Good luck with your cook book. WHat kind is it?. I am needing a slow cooker book !..

TZ...I also have a huge pile next to my desk and under all my text books.It is really hard to find the time. I sell a few things and then take a break and then get the buzz again...does that make sence ? Oh and old nursing text books go like hot cakes. I just sold one for $90 and I only paid $18 for it ...LOL...

Ali...LOL...Yep frowned upon..LOL

Lora...Yay another mad feedback person...what does your DH sell ?.

Lesley...I know...how amazing is it what people will pay.

Sis...You are so true, people will start to leave e-bay when the pay pal rule comes in. What with that alone and fees you will need to make a killing on e-bay to really make something out of selling. I know there is another group starting up here in OZ, where you can list 20 items for only ten dollars. Wonder how safe it will be ? x

Rock Chef said...

And I was just thinking about starting to sell things there...

Doc said...

Those are great !!

I love Ebay too but had to reign in my spending since our son was born... :-(

Bugsy said...

Slow cooker recipes for you - http://www.yummycrockpotrecipes.com/index.html

Ken said...

I don't have a plasma TV. I'll offer you $71.

My wife is an e-bay addict too. But she only buys stuff. I think I rather she sold stuff.

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Bugs...

DFE $71 LMAO...your a classic...