Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Worst Patient In The World...


I'm Cranky and tired and my poor mouth is sore.

According to the X-Ray..I have not 1 or 2 or even 3 BUT 4 impacted rotten wisdom teeth...

They are driving me nuts....and I have been told today that that the happy family of 4 need to all come out under a GA...

So not happy Jan !...

I don't do teeth and I don't do patients....not when I need to be one anyway...

And for the record...I am not doing goggle either because over there some half wit has submitted before and after photos and I kid you not....they look like they have done a round with Mike Tyson...

Oh dear god...I'm off to take something to dull these teeth...and the banging in my head...before it gets any worse...

18 comments:

Tori said...

Ouch! I had my wisdom teeth out and tripping on Vicodin was way fun.

Sitting In Silence said...

Tori......
Was it really painful ?,did your face blow up and bruise ?.

Dont think we have Vicodin over here...but we must have something close....

Ali said...

I've heard stories that go both ways, but for the most part people over here don't seem to have too much trouble.
But I only have 2 wisdom teeth, and thus far they aren't giving me any grief. God knows I would be a blubbering, snotty mess if I actually had to get them pulled.
Good luck! Hop yourself up on something good!

Rock Chef said...

Ah, nurses are always terrible patients aren't they!

But it does sound very nasty - I hate having my teeth fiddled with too!

Hope it all goes well!

OHN said...

You will look like an adorable chipmunk :) Make sure they give you some fun meds and remember not to use any straws!!

Bugsy said...

oh you poor thing. I had one pulled out locally and it wasnt too bad. But then I also did 2 root canals without anaesthetic. So I am clearly crazy to begin with. It will be over before you know it and then no more toothy peg issues!

Doc said...

OUCH ! I feel for you... I had mine done a long time ago and the second day is the worst.

tz said...

yikes...I went to the dentist today myself to get a crown that they fitted for two weeks ago and it didn't fit...he said 'wow that rarely happens'...well i have a total of three crowns and it's hapened twice!

i had better luck w/ my wisdom teeth coming out...and the best news, you get really...REALLY good drugs afterwards...

As American as Apple Pie said...

Ooo! I hear your pain! I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and ended up crying hysterically. Only my mother could calm me down.

I hope your experience is a cakewalk.

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh Dear Gawd...I'll probably have to even eat out of a straw wont I....

OHN said...

NO SIS---You can't use a straw. It can cause the clots to suck out and cause what we over here call a dry socket and you do not want that...they hurt. Plan on using a spoon with soft foods, puddings, mashed potatoes etc. Make sure they give you a list of do's and don'ts for the first few days after. I had 4 done at once and it really wasn't bad. I had them done on a Friday and went back to school on Monday, looking like a chipmunk but I felt fine :)

Anonymous said...

My son had his out last summer. He did not turn colors. HOwever, he did get dry socket in 3 or 4 incision sites. It SUCKED. My only advice to you is to NOT use a straw after the surgery (the pressure can loosen the clots on the surgery sites) and watch for signs of dry socket so that if you do get it, you can treat it without having to suffer longer than necessary. I'll pray for you, Kid.

Tori said...

It was painful but I think it was worth it. I also just lived off of smoothies and milk shakes for a week. It was pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sympathy to you and your poor toothies..At least they are going to put you under to have them out.. Lot's of salt water rinses afterwards ( when they say you can of course) do really help plus some good old fashion strong pain killers...Hugs'N'Luv,Lesley

kenady said...

I had my wisdom out when I was 18 and had no problems. I'm sure that everything will work out just fine. Oh and definitely get the drugs!

Dodi said...

You poor thing!! Soup, no straws. Dry sockets (where the clot comes out and infection sets in) SUCK... so be ultra careful. Follow the instructions they give you to the letter, and be very gentle when rinsing.

I only had two removed at a time, and told the oral surgeon that most importantly I did not want to swell. He said that he'd make sure I didn't - and he kept his promise.

The painkillers are fabulous - get the strongest kind you can. You might not hurt too badly - but it never hurts to be prepared! I suggest percodan. It's even better than vicodin.

When are you getting them removed?

Sitting In Silence said...

Dodi...I have the hot little piece of paper to make an appoinment with the surgeon in my hand...

I just cant pick up the phone to book a time...

I'm hopeless...maybe they will go away LOL...

Anonymous said...

For some reason I missed having my wisdom teeth out when I was young. And, after a certain age, they don't like to take them out. So, while not pleasant, best to have them out NOW! Hubby was really sick and in pain for a couple days with his, but when DD had hers out at about 20, she went to a wedding reception that night and had very little pain and no problems at all. So, everyone's different. Do exactly as the doctor says (I know that's especially hard for nurses), and you'll be fine.