Oh yes....in spite of the cost of living, it still remains pretty popular...
That's for sure !
I mean really Australia, what is with our prices over here ? Are we getting paid more, because if we are... then I reckon the Tax department owes me more then what my house is worth....
Take Converse shoes, you can get them at Target in the USA.
Target folks !!
Converse shoes over here are a Designer item, sold only in Designer shops for no less then from $90 a pair...but in Target in the USA they are $14.99 - Go figure ?
And there's this house that I want, 4 bedroom with a basement and double garage, you want to sell it to me for 567,000 over here but I can get one with snow in the USA for 142,000....
Even the Ugg boots are cheap as, and they are supposed to be a product of Australia..but I can get a pair for $2.27 and you want to rip me off for $59.99...
The politicians reckon Australia is NOT in a recession and have decided to grant a 34 Billion dollar surplus package to families, encouraging us to buy Australian and put money back into the economy....
Honesty from where I sit, it would be cheaper for me to buy a ticket to the USA, do all my shopping and come home again...
Time to get real Australia !
Right Now- June Recap
4 weeks ago

14 comments:
Britain suffers from a lot of the same problems.
Take something close to my heart - guitars. For American guitars the price is about the same,they just swap dollars for pounds which means that we get severely shafted.
Buy that ticket honey, for colorado...and all your pals would be happy to serve as your personal assistants and take you to every mall within our are!
Bring nothing but empty suitcases
(can't help with the housing though...that probably won't fit in your suitcase).
Now, healthcare? You might have us beat there: I pay $750/month for a policy that doesn't kick in until we've met our $6k deductible. But, at least we are insured...better than many of my fellow Americans.
Converse ONE STARS are at Target, not ALL STARS. There is a difference! (You know, if you want some converse, just tell us. It's not that hard to get stuff through customs. floss would look quite cool in some aqua blue All Stars!) Of course, the ones at Target are quite cute. ONE STARS are very vintage looking - but not nearly as much selection.
the Uggs I want over here are $139 off season pricing. Thats over $200 Australian dollars. GAH!!
yep, I had my eye on some $200 uggs, but settled for $110 way cuter Salomons - probably not as cool - I had a %50 off coupon though -60 bucks. The ugg where kinda ugly anyway.
I'm also told the brits have dupped the americans into buying their cheapest junk vaccuums for rediculously high prices. I have one, it's purple.
I'm sorry to see Converse at Target. They were my favoraite shoes growing up and you could get them at sporting goods stores. Now they have cheap ones at Target. I don't think they will hope too well on the basketball court.
Doh! That should be last too well. Not hope too well.
CRC...Yeah we were talking about that at school the other day...
Flossy's friend plays the electric guitar and her Mum was saying that she brought one here in Oz last week for $699 but could get the same one in the USA for $199....??
Martha....Holy smoke that's a lot of money for health care.....wow I never knew it was that expensive...
Dodi....Doh...really ?...see I got myself so worked up LOL...I didn't even see that !
Mrs O, you will be pleased to know that I found some great ugg boots at a shop called Just Jeans over here for $40.....I may need to ship these over to you lol...
DF....Yeah your right, you cant beat the converse !
A bit of clarification on our insurance. Hubby is self employed, so as the employer and employee, we pay the full cost (a tax write off at some point). So, most families don't pay this much: but their employers do or share in that cost. It's also part of our health care concerns for small business owners....if we had more employees than just us two: well, you can imagine how costly it would get.
Just to let you know from beautifully but rainy Vancouver, Ugg boots are $180 - $200.00. I just bought the "cheap" knockoffs for $60. And that house you were talking about - it's about $200,000 more here. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone! Everything is cheaper in the States!
Thanks for popping by Death Star...
Post a Comment