Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm supposed to be the Nurse !

Just a quick update....
The Dr thinks the slow Triponin leak is caused by Coronary artery spasms otherwise known as Prinz metal angina, (for all you nurses out there)....
They have ceased half my medications to see what happens...It's now Tuesday and the angina is back in full flight and not only am I exhausted from the constant vice like pain in my chest, neck and shoulder, but I am nauseated and tried...which makes the days with an adorable 3 year old...really really reallllllly long...
GTN relieves it but the migraine that follows is .....so not worth the relief for 20 minutes,...when the migrain last for 20 hours....!
I even tried going back to work as I thought that if I could take my mind off it...I may get better...either that or totally ignore it !

It didn't work....
It was a really bad decision....

So...now I wait for a stress test this week and a follow up....
I just hope someone thinks of something reallllll soon, because I think I may be loosing the plot....

Afterall...I'm suppossed to be the nurse, not the patient !

13 comments:

Colleen O said...

Do nurses make the worst patients? I bet they do - so yes, by all means I hope you hear something good soon and feel human again. We want happy healthy SIS back on the job!

Ken said...

That sucks. I hope they find a solution too. Otherwise, I'll have to build you a robot body or something.

Sitting In Silence said...

Mrs O...Thank you. I'm sure I will be up and running soon....even if it will be the treadmill in the CCU.....x

Sitting In Silence said...

DF....See...you always have the best ideas...I'll send you my addie x

OHN said...

I am worried about you SIS. Are you in good hands? You probably know which of the docs there is at the top of their game..make sure it is one of them that is taking care of you!

Teresa said...

Oh Dan!!! My heart is breaking for you right now!! I have an almost 3 year old and I'm all too framiliar with migrains...the 2 don't get along well...and then the heart troubles on top of it all. GIRL....I wish there was some way that I could help you! If I lived remotely close I'd be there! You are in my prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Im with you. There`s just about nothig in the world worth a migraine! So will they put the meds back at full strength if thestress test goes alright?

Sitting In Silence said...

OHN...You know you may be right here. I am questioning that...
I went the public system this time as the only private hospital I would go to is the one that I work at.
It was the whole privacy issue thingy- if you know what I mean...
I have a wonderful Dr, she is very nice...BUT .....
I was thinking of getting an appointment with a Top Cardiologist at work....
I think I should....I know he would be onto it in a flash...
Sometimes I feel that you get the brush off in the public system..

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks T....I know you would be...
Your a great friend.....xoxoxo

Sitting In Silence said...

Amanda...No I think they will let me stay off them. One of the meds gives you nightmares and I have been having some that would rival any horror movie....
Do you get Migrains as well ?
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Do I ever! I've been getting them since I was very young. I vividly remember being 10 years old and crawling to my bedroom from the living room because I just couldn't walk and laying in bed trying not to think because even thinking hurts. Trying to explain that to someone who's never had a migraine is futile but if you've had them, you know what I'm describing.

How are your bruises doing?

You mentioned possibly getting in touch with a top cardiologist. Please do!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwwwwwww Amanda...That is so young to start getting mirgrains...
The bruises are much better thanks..
I see the Dr at the hospital tomorrow. If she does the whole lets see what happens, I will be down at my work before the afternoon is out lol xoxoxo

Dodi said...

I'm worried - keep us posted.

I think you should see the cardiologist at your work anyway.