Monday, January 14, 2008

I am thankful.

The Dr has told DH that the lung damage he displays from his last acute attack has permanently damaged his lungs.

The good news is they are not damaged so much that we are looking at a new form of treatment.

It just showed us that 2- 3 weeks of uncontrolled Sarcoids in an acute phase can cause damage to the extent of no return. The plan is to seek treatment ASAP and not wait even a day.

The Dr thinks this plan may prove the most beneficial for his long term treatment as leaving an acute phase may cause more damage and that always lead to more trouble.

The bottom line is.....

Today DH is as well as he will ever be and I am thankful for that.

I am thankful that the plan(seeking treatment at the very first sign or even if in doubt), is as close to an answer about this disease that we have ever got.

I am thankful that we are living this journey together,I believe there are many lessons to learn in life even if I do fight this one....just a little ....

4 comments:

Ali said...

Oh jesus Danielle - my heart goes out to both of you.
Love and hugs from me to you, and prayers for you as well.

Dodi said...

My heart also goes out to you. I can't imagine going through all that you and your family have gone through with this disease.

Prayers for a miracle and much love are being sent your way!
Dodi

OHN said...

I know very little about sarcoidosis but know that it affects the whole family dynamic, not just the patient. It sounds like your guy got lucky when he found you :)

Sitting In Silence said...

Thanks Guys for your online support.